With about 61 days left for the release of Ignite Me, I thought it would be fun to post some “facts” about the books and characters:
- Tahereh choose the name Warner because it has the word war” in it
- Tahereh really liked the names Adam and Juliette so she picked them even before writing Shatter Me
- The blue eye color in the covers somehow reflect/is Adam
- Kenji is based on Tahereh’s older brother’s personalities
- Kenji is Japanese
- Shortly after Juliette was born, her powers appeared
- There will be no strikeouts in the last book, because Juliette is finally sure of herself/found her voice
- The original title of Shatter Me was going to be Touching Juliette
- Tahereh was hesitant on writing an Adam e-novella because she didn’t want to reveal so much about him (saving it for Ignite Me)
good to know
“I hear Warner laugh.
I see him smile.
It’s the kind of smile that transforms him into someone else entirely, the kind of smile that puts stars in his eyes and a dazzle on his lips and I realize I’ve never seen him like this before. I’ve never seen his teeth—so straight, so white, nothing less than perfect. A flawless, flawless exterior for a boy with a black, black heart. It’s hard to believe there’s blood on the hands of the person I’m staring at. He looks soft and vulnerable—so human. His eyes are squinting from all his grinning and his cheeks are pink form the cold.
He has dimples.
He’s easily the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.